The official re-opening of Renfrew Town Hall took place on Saturday 28th January, after a £5.2 million pound refurbishment.
The original Town Hall was designed by James Lamb and opened in 1872. Designed with a mix of French and Gothic styles, it featured a square tower one hundred and five feet high with turrets at each corner. However, just five years later a fire destroyed much of the structure and it had to be rebuilt.
The current refurbishment now adds another level to the Town Hall as well as making room for the Renfrew Museum which moved from the Brown Institute just along the road.
To celebrate this refurbishment there was a series of events on Saturday afternoon leading up to the official opening at 4.10pm by Nicola Sturgeon, Deputy First Minister.
The day started with a parade from Robertson Park to the High Street where there was a Radio Clyde Roadshow and entertainment from The Singing Kettle and Gamu as well as funfair rides.
The day culminated in a spectacular Fireworks Display.